Open House Rehearsals – Open your church’s choir and orchestra rehearsals by providing regular opportunities for new people to jump in. Provide three annual Open House events to give new members a preview of new music coming up in Sunday services and special seasonal projects. Prepare a new music packet with a rehearsal CD along with service schedules, special project information and (of course) food & fellowship.
- Introduce a Christmas project at a September Open House.
- Introduce an Easter project at a January Open House.
- Introduce a summer project at a May Open House.
Choir, Orchestra & Worship Team Handbooks – Develop a handbook and directory for major worship service groups. Include leadership information, ministry practices & policies, care group information, calendars, directories and vision-casting. Make sure all new members get a copy when they join the team.
Invite Tickets – Use business-card or other size cards to resource church members’ inviting and sharing efforts. Create “ticket” cards for events with sowing or reaping evangelism potential. Promote each event as an “invite-your-friend” opportunity for believers purposefully building relationships with unchurched neighbors and friends.
Planning Center Online – Planning Center Online (PCO) features applications to plan and program services with songs, media and other items. Use the “Services” application to keep your worship team informed and track timing before and during services. Schedule teams through email, texts or Facebook and let them accept or decline volunteer requests. Transpose chord charts and mp3s and import information from SongSelect and PraiseCharts. Music can be provided to teams using PCO’s media player or the Music Stand app for iPad & Android. Other applications include Music Stand, Projector, Registrations, Check Ins, Groups, Giving and Resources.
Willow Creek Resources – Willow Creek Association’s searchable database contains thousands of different service elements, most of which are available as downloadable content. Many products—music charts, drama scripts, messages and videos—are literal transcriptions of service elements used at Willow Creek Community Church services, conferences and ministry events.
YouVersion – YouVersion.com and The Bible App are Bible engagement tools accessible via the web, mobile app, or any web-enabled mobile device. YouVersion currently has over 100 different translations, in more than 40 languages, all in the palm of your hand. A useful tool for churches is the “events” feature. Churches or organizations can create worship service sermon outlines or small group lessons and make them available via any mobile device.
- Sample Group Page – Any YouVersion user can join a group. They’re set up by churches, Bible study groups, and other organizations, and they’re a great way to keep up with the YouVersion Live events and services that a group is hosting. You can belong to multiple groups at the same time.
- Sample Events Page – YouVersion Live gives you a way to interact with church services and other live events using your mobile device. You can follow along with message outlines and take notes, read related Bible verses and click through to the expanded passage, vote on a poll and see the results live, ask questions anonymously, give, request prayer, and take it all home with you on your phone. It works with any web-enabled phone, as well as any computer with an internet connection.
- Sample Live Event – Here’s a sample Sunday Worship Service message outline created as a YouVersion “Live Event.”